Moving can be an exciting time. It can be fun and there is the sense of new beginnings. If you are moving into new construction or are making renovations, there are a number of different permits you might need. Developers with new construction usually handle their own permits, but it doesn’t hurt to verify that they have gotten them and to understand the inspection process. The same goes with construction companies making renovations. You will need a burn permit if you are planning to burn yard debris, such as leaves. And certain ordinances exist for trees and historical preservation.

Additionally, all businesses operating in Rockdale County are required to get an occupational tax license, or business license. Some jobs, such as those serving alcohol, have permit requirements.

The City of Conyers, Planning and Inspection Services has a listing of general permit applications and fees listed at There is also a development guide. For more information, visit or call:

Planning and Inspection Services
1174 Scott Street
Conyers, GA 30012
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.


For Rockdale County, business licenses and building permits can be obtained through the Planning and Development Department. Information on the types of building permits required is available at or you can contact:

Rockdale County Administration & Services Building
958 Milstead Avenue
Conyers, Georgia 30012
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.